Monday, January 30, 2006

Filler

Too tired to think straight, but I realize that it's been a very long time since I've posted. School's back in session and I'm back to teaching a "full load" (4 courses here). My department's hiring two new members, there's a ton of meetings to
attend in getting the new Center off the ground, and just a hellish amount of work considering that I haven't graded
any papers at all yet. Kid was sick (vomiting, fever) over the weekend, including up all one night, so my recuperative
time that I count on to catch up on sleep and get housework back under control didn't happen this week. And today
was the long teaching day. I basically have been lying prone for the last two hours reading blogs and doing class
prep, knowing all the while that I should get up enough gumption to turn off the lights and call it a night.

I promise. More exciting things to come. Just not tonight.

3 comments:

listie said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now. I hope you get some sleep and some time to catch up. And, I hope Kid is feeling better. Don't worry about how often you blog; we'll keep checking in.

imfunnytoo said...

Yes there's no standard for how often one blogs, kid...You've always been on the overachieving side of the overachievers, so try to get some good sleep and sneak in down time in small increments when you can

Rob Helpy-Chalk said...

Sorry that the kid is sick. Did this put an end to the long pretend about orphans?

(I am envious of the pretend. At Caroline's age, the pretends are short and don't make much sense.)