Sunday, October 09, 2005

another meme (modified from Jo(e)

Number of cats who live in my house: 1
Percentage of these cats who are female: 100
Number of pairs of snowshoes I own: 1
Time actually spent on snowshoes: less than 1 hour
Average number of times I eat every day: 5 (3 meals, 2 snacks)
Number of academic conferences I went to last year: 5
Number of conferences sessions attended at which I was not a presenter: 4
Number of students taken to conferences: 2
Number of students subsequently applying to grad school: 2
Number of years I've planned to canoe the Hudson: 3
Number of years I've actually canoed the Hudson: 0
The age of my youngest child: 6
Number of microfilm reels awaiting reshelving in my office: 4
Number of articles pending minor revision before submitting: 2
Number of months it will take me to do minor revision: 6 or more
Age of my oldest book: 228
How many Elvis Costello albums I own: at least 15
Number of pre-war 78s cluttering up the dining room: 2000 or so
Pieces of furniture actually purchased for my house: 4
Pieces of furniture donated by others: 40+
Number of maps in view as I write: 9
Number of calendars in view as I write: 3 (why????)
Number of clocks in the downstairs: 1
Number of candles lit in the living room: 14
Number of years I've been with my spouse: 14
Number of arguments lasting more than 2 hours in that time: 0
Number of words spoken per day by me, average: 10k or more
Number of words spoken per day by him, average: 1k or less
Number of words spoken per day by Kid, average: 40k or more, mostly in the interrogative
Number of cups of coffee per day consumed: 4-6
Number of people in my household who play the piano: 2
How far, in miles, I live from the nearest grocery store: .2
Pairs of shoes I own: maybe 10
Pairs of shoes I wear regularly: maybe 3
Minutes since I last ate chocolate: 35 (and I’m due for more)
Number of television shows I watch each week: usually 2
How many students in my high school class: 117, counting the three pregnant girls twice
Number of families who lived on my road as a child: 3
Number of aunts and uncles: 10 on one side, 12 on the other
Number of cousins and fictive kin at reunions: 1000s
Number of classes I teach per semester: 4
Average number of independent studies per semester: 3
Years I've lived in this house: 3
Years I've lived in this town: 3
Number of memes I've done in the past 48 hours: 2
Number of tests graded in the same time: 44

No comments: